I’ve written about people creating interesting new careers as part of the 21st century. Shaun Inman is another example of this. I’ve followed him online since before I was even a teacher. He’s another example of someone who has created a career that would have been impossible a decade ago. Here are some of the things I’ve bought and used that he makes:
- Mint: software to measure website traffic (this ran on Byrdseed for five years!)
- The Last Rocket: an iPhone game
- Lift Off: a book about creating The Last Rocket
- Fever: software for subscribing to websites
- Retro Game Crunch: a Kickstarter to make 6 games in 6 months
Shaun reminds me so much of so many of the gifted kids I worked with. He’s a visual artist, but also a musician. He’s a programmer, but also a writer. But most interestingly, he’s figured out a way to do all of these things that interest him as an independent creator.
A reminder for us all that success isn’t a straight line.
Differentiation information in your inbox.
I'll send you one or two emails a month to help you better understand and differentiate for gifted students.Get free resources now!