As I prepared for several speaking engagements this summer, I came across the following seven useful articles and resources:
- Experience of Giftedness: Eight Great Gripes, Six Years Later Learn about the eight great gripes that gifted students have.
- Curriculum Sites That Support Differentiation A set of websites collected by Dr. Jann Leppien.
- A Depth and Complexity Wiki with student samples, presentations, and ideas for differentiation. Started by Paula Wilkes, Mark Szymanski, and Karren Timmermans.
- Moral Sensitivity of Gifted Children An illuminating article from SENG on the need to understand gifted kids’ moral development. By Linda Kreger Silverman.
- Introversion: The Often Forgotten Factor Impacting the Gifted From Jill D. Burruss and Lisa Kaenzig, a discussion on the impact of introversion on our gifted students.
- Ascending Intellectual Demand A website put together by high school teacher David Chung, collecting multiple ways to increase rigor for students.
- Back To School Snowball Fight Finally, a fun back to school idea from Rachel Lynette.
Photo by Petercastleton