Photo by Rzrxtion
Seven resources from around the web that might be useful in your classroom. Originally posted on Twitter. You can find me there as @IanAByrd. If you’re new, Deborah Mersino has a great introductory write up.
- Incredible Volcano Photos – Great for a volcano study or a setting for some narrative writing.
- Fostering A Growth Mindset – Make your gifted students feel comfortable with taking risks and even failing sometimes! Thanks to @GiftedHF
- 10 Winter Carnivals – Go beyond the well-known winter celebrations. From National Geographic.
- Bored People Quit – Geared towards managers, but I know I could use some of these pointers.
- Shading Tutorial – Could make a great art skill lesson.
- The Blogotwittersphere is My Ideal Math Conference – How the online community acts as a never ending conference
- A Study of Gingerbread Man Stories – For the younger ones, from Not Just Child’s Play.
Let me know if you strike gold with any of these!