Photo by zigazou76
It’s been another amazing year here at Byrdseed.com!
Here were some of my highlights:
- Spoke at seven events
- Wrote two journal articles (for TAGT’s Tempo and, coming up, IAGC)
- Met hundreds of you in real life.
- Doubled the number of visitors from 2010.
- Crossed the 3,000 and 4,000 subscriber mark.
Thank you for visiting. It’s an honor to receive all of your feedback and advice.
Here are the top five posts of 2011, ranked by popularity:
- 12 Lists of Characteristics of Gifted Students: My mega list of lists to help understand our gifted kids.
- Ten Examples of LEGO Inspiration: Pure inspiration courtesy of creative LEGO builders across the globe.
- 3D Analysis: Gardener, Kaplan, and Kohlberg: A three-way combination to help examine characters.
- A Dozen Gifted Ed Resources: twelve links found around the internet.
- Make Your Class Cozy For Gifted Introverts: Advice for making your class a welcoming place for introverts.
New Year’s Wish
My wish for 2012 is for more teachers to become active online. The more of us contributing, the richer the conversation.
- Create a Twitter account. Search for #gtchat. I’m @ianabyrd.
- Start a site! (Blogger, Tumblr, and WordPress are all free and require little technical know-how).
- If you want to just put one idea out there, let me know and we can set up a guest article here at Byrdseed.
Share your favorite lessons, hilarious anecdotes, and embarrassing accidents so we can all learn from you!
Here’s to a great 2012!