My friend Kathryn Haydon recently released a book called Creativity For Everybody.
It’s a very quick read and a nice overview of creativity. My favorite qualities of this book are:
- Each pair of pages stand on their own. You can flip anywhere and read the idea without being lost. In fact, the authors expressly encourage this!
- There is a second set of ideas written vertically along the side of the page! Very clever 🙂
- The thoughts are simple and, even as someone who’s read some beefy books on creativity, I appreciated the simple reminders.
My favorite thoughts from the book include:
- Creativity ≠ The Arts. Creativity is present in all areas of life. And, in fact, the arts can even have moments of un-creativity.
- Creativity is essential for human survival, not just a frilly, optional activity.
- Creative behaviors are often misinterpreted as “bad behaviors,” especially in rigid settings.
You can pick up Creativity For Everybody on Amazon.
Katie is also a contributor to Byrdseed.TV. You can see her videos here.
Get creative ideas in your inbox.
I'll send you one or two emails a month to help you better understand and differentiate for gifted students.Get free resources now!