Photo by NS Newsflash
Here are five juicy reads for August, 2014:
- Giftedness and Asynchrony: Parents of children with asynchronous development might be dealing with algebra and shoe-tying at the same time. Kathi Kearney’s Life in the Asynchronous Family
- Age-Appropriate Books: Lots of links from #gtchat’s Locating Age-Appropriate Books for High Ability Learners
- Grit or Not? Interesting thoughts on grit from Alfie Kohn: “Gritty people sometimes exhibit what psychologists call ‘nonproductive persistence’.”
- Love this tip for writing: “For older students, copying the style of favorite authors is a useful exercise.”
- Great discussion topic or math project: Making more than $75,000/yr doesn’t increase happiness. Why is this the cutoff?