Photo by Bill Ward
This month we feature nine fascinating topics from around the internet. From space to grammar, there’s got to be something here to intrigue your students!
- Awesome zero gravity water videos: one and two (Hat tip to @Steve_Collins.
- John Coltrane’s Giant Steps animated as sheet music.
- Incredible images of a burned out, then frozen building.
- Great writing prompt: News report of a Norwegian cheese fire!
- High resolution photography of Jupiter.
- Mind-blowing optical illusion. Watch the cross the first time, then watch the faces…
- Interesting collective nouns. I like a “smack of jellyfish.”
- The once in a lifetime 2013 overlap of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah. Plus a detailed follow up article.
- From Mylène at Shifting Phases: How do I encourage my students to wonder?