Here are some requests make our event go smoothly:
- Make sure someone on site can easily adjust the room’s temperature when things get arctic or sweltering.
- For 3hr+ sessions, folks should be at tables (facing forward) with access to chart paper, post-its, and markers.
- My MacBook Pro connects through VGA or HDMI.
- I need an audio connection into the room’s sound system.
- I need a podium/table up front for my laptop so I can access it in during the event.
- I’d love a handheld wireless mic if the group’s larger than 35 (with extra batteries). A lav mic is second best.
- Please check that the projector’s bulb and filter won’t need to be replaced mid-session (It’s happened! 😝).
- Someone needs to be in the room with the authority to speak to (and, if necessary, remove) disrespectful or distracting participants. This person should begin the day by explaining the expected norms and consequences to the group. They should remain in the room and participate throughout the day (not sit in the back on a laptop).
- Finally, I’ll post a PDF copy of the presentation online after the event ends, but not before.
Hopefully these don’t sound too picky! Promise I’m not a diva. Please feel free to email me any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org