Photo by Stopbits
Here are the top ten most popular videos over at Byrdseed.TV from 2014 (excluding the free videos which are naturally the most viewed):
- Writing Lego Directions – A favorite activity with my class: write careful Lego directions and watch first graders try to follow the steps.
- An Idiom Study – Information on how we set up an ongoing study of idioms to replace boring spelling lists.
- Add Complexity To Math – Sometimes math problems are simply too easy and we need to push students into the zone of proximal development.
- 3 Ongoing Greek and Latin Word Part Activities – Keep kids digging into Greek and Latin stems with Greekymon, the Spellbook, and a Book of Inventions.
- A Nutrition Math Project – Use fast food nutrition facts as your math data in this percent/decimal project.
- A Grid-Based Fraction Project – Students divide up land that might represent an amusement park, farm, or house.
- An Inductive Exploration of Geometry – Add some spice to a dull study of quadrilaterals.
- Science: Create A Creature – Once students have learned about biomes and animal adaptations, ask them to create their own realistic creature.
- Shakespeare Summaries – A collection of five-minute, animated summaries of Shakespeare plays.
- Adding Variety to Writing: Sentences Starters – Three videos, each featuring three ways students can change up their writing by starting sentences in new ways.
Get creative ideas in your inbox.
I'll send you one or two emails a month to help you better understand and differentiate for gifted students.Get free resources now!