Here’s part of my technology presentation from CAG 2011. In this project, students will develop a movie trailer of a story they have read in class. The purpose is to analyze the tone of the original story and recreate it in a multimedia format.
- Students create a poem to serve as the basis of their trailer.
- They then develop a ten-box storyboard to sketch out their plan.
- Then, using Flickr.com, the students find images that are similar to their sketches.
- In iMovie, they add titles and motion to these images.
- Then, they bring their movie into Garageband to add music and narration.
- Finally, you can burn all of these trailers to a DVD for students to take home and play for their families.