I always find a list of the common characteristics of giftedness useful when thinking about students. However, one list is never enough. So, here’s a list of lists of gifted characteristics and identifiers. Each one offers a slightly different look at the gifted mind:
- Austega.com: Characteristic Checklist of Gifted Children (10/11/13 – broken link)
- Duke.edu: Characteristics of Gifted Individuals (broke)
- Mensa’s Characteristics of giftedness
- Mesa Supporters of the Gifted and Talented: Several Different Tables
- Rhode Island State Advisory Committee: Identifying The Gifted (broke)
- TeachersFirst.com: How To Spot A Gifted Child (Link broke, but I found a snapshot at Archive.org)
- Gifted Development Center: What Have We Learned About Gifted Children (30th anniversary!) (updated link)
- Prufrock.com: Definitions, Models, and Characteristics of Gifted Students (10/11/13 – link is now broken)
- BertieKingore.com: High Achiever, Gifted Learner, Creative Thinker (with images!)
- BornToExplore.org: Types of Overexcitablities Used To Predict Giftedness (broken)
- Brainy-Child.com: Six Types of Giftedness
- Garden Grove Unified: Creativity, Academic, and Affective Indicators (2/19/2015: Link broke)
Differentiation information in your inbox.
I'll send you one or two emails a month to help you better understand and differentiate for gifted students.Get free resources now!