Parents, here are some resources I’m gathering to help you better understand your gifted children. Please shoot me any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A video of me talking about why gifted kids are different than just “smart kids”
- Related: how being repeatedly called “smart” can become a burden.
- Does your child seem anxious? This is common.
- Why your gifted kid shouldn’t be tutoring other students in class.
- Gifted kids can be squirmy, fidgety, have high energy… and that’s ok!
- Be thoughtful about how you praise students.
- How gifted kids are like the X-Men.
A general overview of common traits of giftedness from the National Association for Gifted Children
- Living With Intensity
- Turn Your Worrier Into A Warrior
- Why Smart Kids Worry
- When Gifted Kids Don’t Have All The Answers
Parent Mailing List
My general list is intended for classroom teachers, but this list is specifically for parents of gifted kids. You’ll receive a weekly quote and brief writeup about gifted students’ unique (and often unexpected) needs. 100% free and you can unsubscribe at any time.