Here’s some big successes:
- Run a 10k: I ran 60 miles in January, almost up to 10k distances. Need to officially sign up for a run.
- Eat out once a week only: We’ve been doing great. Saving money and I’ve lost some weight.
- Read 36 Books: I’ve already read seven, so I’m way ahead of schedule (mostly from re-reading my Harry Bosch collection). Officially upping this to 48 books by year’s end.
- Study Spanish: I’ve practiced almost every day this year using the fancy flashcard tool Anki.
- Yoga: I only went once this month. Cause: finding the right time is difficult. Perhaps a video or app will be more helpful.
- Travel: we had to postpone an international trip, but I will be traveling to New York later this month with Mrs. Byrd.
- Host Bi-weekly Get-togethers: We haven’t hosted many, but we’ve been attended more, so that’s a semi-success.
- Cultural outings: Had two planned, but they both fell through.
- Watch classic films: Nope. We are always too reluctant to devote the time to sit down for a movie.
- Visit classrooms: Hasn’t happened yet, although I did visit my old school for their Lunar New Year celebration.
Did you write out some clear goals for the year?