Here’s some big successes:
- Run a 10k: I ran 60 miles in January, almost up to 10k distances. Need to officially sign up for a run.
- Eat out once a week only: We’ve been doing great. Saving money and I’ve lost some weight.
- Read 36 Books: I’ve already read seven, so I’m way ahead of schedule (mostly from re-reading my Harry Bosch collection). Officially upping this to 48 books by year’s end.
- Study Spanish: I’ve practiced almost every day this year using the fancy flashcard tool Anki.
- Yoga: I only went once this month. Cause: finding the right time is difficult. Perhaps a video or app will be more helpful.
- Travel: we had to postpone an international trip, but I will be traveling to New York later this month with Mrs. Byrd.
- Host Bi-weekly Get-togethers: We haven’t hosted many, but we’ve been attended more, so that’s a semi-success.
- Cultural outings: Had two planned, but they both fell through.
- Watch classic films: Nope. We are always too reluctant to devote the time to sit down for a movie.
- Visit classrooms: Hasn’t happened yet, although I did visit my old school for their Lunar New Year celebration.
Did you write out some clear goals for the year?
Differentiation information in your inbox.
I'll send you one or two emails a month to help you better understand and differentiate for gifted students.Get free resources now!