As a crusty, grizzled, middle-aged veteran, here’s the packet of articles I’d hand to first-year Mr. Byrd.
- Here’s how I learned everything I know.
- I went years without letting my brain exhale.
- Probably my number one tip: never ask one-off questions!
- My favorite small change that leads to delightfully complex tasks in any content area.
- When kids can get answers, but can’t explain how they got there, they need us to teach them how to explain their thinking.
- Memorizing isn’t automatic! Here’s how to help students to memorize well.
- How to pique students’ curiosity.
And that’s all! Of course, if you join the very free mailing list, I’ll send you the very best ideas every couple of weeks.