Photo by XOZ I always find a list of the common characteristics of giftedness useful when thinking about my class. However, one list is never enough. So, here’s a list of eleven (UPDATE: now twelve!) lists of gifted characteristics and identifiers. Each one offers a slightly different look at the gifted mind:
- Austega.com: Characteristic Checklist of Gifted Children
- Duke.edu: Characteristics of Gifted Individuals
- Mesa Supporters of the Gifted and Talented: Several Different Tables
- Rhode Island State Advisory Committee: Identifying The Gifted
- TeachersFirst.com: How To Spot A Gifted Child
- Gifted Development Center: What Have We Learned About Gifted Children (30th anniversary!)
- Prufrock.com: Definitions, Models, and Characteristics of Gifted Students (very in-depth!)
- BertieKingore.com: High Achiever, Gifted Learner, Creative Thinker (with images!)
- BornToExplore.org: Types of Overexcitablities Used To Predict Giftedness
- Brainy-Child.com: Six Types of Giftedness
- Garden Grove Unified: Creativity, Academic, and Affective Indicators (from my district!)
- MENSA’s characteristics of giftedness
Join over 8,500 subscribers!
No spam. It's free. Unsubscribe whenever.